Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Racial, Ethnic, & Religious Profiling

Wow...  The Justice Department is preparing to unveil new guidelines that ban racial, ethnic, and religious profiling in federal investigations.  Maybe it is me, or I do not understand the article.  I was under the impression that “racial, ethnic, and religious profiling” was not allowed in law enforcement agencies; however, we all know to a certain extent it has been going on for many years…  Supposedly “profiling” was banned for some time now.

So, something that has been banned for quite some time; now all of a sudden, they are going to unveil new guidelines that ban racial, ethnic, and religious profiling from our law enforcement agencies.  I guess now they are going make new guidelines for something that has been banned or supposedly not happening.

In summary, there is racial, ethnic, and religious profiling happening on a daily basis by people in society and/or in our law enforcement agencies.  Regardless of the new guidelines, I believe that our law enforcement agencies will continue profiling.

4 comments:

  1. That unfortunately will never change. You can pass laws and regulations but you cannot change the person or people who are told to abide by them so in some form there will always be a bias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in a society where he the people who suppose to enforce the laws are the ones who are breaking all the rules. They feel that they are above the law. It doesn't matter what is implemented you can not teach a old dog new tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this many times and agree it will not stop because a law is changed or added. some of the public will make an effort to change but not all. I also agree that the police are the ones breaking this law most but how would you prove it. or what good would it do for one case at a time

    ReplyDelete